wheat porridge ( गेहूँ का दलिया ) is considered a nutritional breakfast option. it is very useful to help lower cholesterol levels and reduce blood pressure.
Broken Wheat is coarsely ground raw wheat grains with various health benefits. Naturally, low in gluten and has a low glycemic index.
Highest mineral, antioxidant, and fiber content of any wheat flour. Naturally rich in fiber, vitamins like Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, and minerals like Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper, Selenium, and other nutrients such as folic acid, protein, Omega3, and Omega6. It is a high-protein diet, but unlike meat items, it does not contain any fat and is good for a healthy lifestyle.
Broken wheat commonly is used to make upma or namkeen Dalia, porridge, South Indian dish- Adai, Middle Eastern cuisine- Tabbouleh also for sweet dishes such as lapsi, pudding, etc. Also used in soups and stuffed vegetables.
Carbs: 35 g
Fat: 0 g
Protein: 10 g
- Effective for weight loss Eating a bowl of Dalia daily is helpful in losing weight. Dalia is loaded with fiber which will keep you satiated for long and thus help in weight loss. It is also low on calories. For example, a bowl of Dalia with milk has around 220 calories only.
- Relieves constipation Dalia is basically wheat with husk. Naturally, the husk makes this food rich in fiber, which cleanses the intestines and prevents constipation. Dalia with milk or vegetables should be consumed daily for best results.
- Good for diabetic patients Dalia contains complex carbohydrates and is low in glycemic index. This ensures a steady release of glucose in the blood, which helps in managing blood sugar.
- Helps build muscle mass Since it is a rich source of protein and is also loaded with vitamins and minerals which help in recovery post-workout.
- Maintains cholesterol levels Due to high fiber content, it helps in maintaining the cholesterol level of the body and is thus healthy for the heart.
- Healthy weaning food Dalia has been used traditionally as a weaning food for babies. Not just the fact that it is highly nutritious, but also because it is free from any strong taste and smell and mixes easily with milk and veggies, it is one of the best weaning foods ever.
- Good for growing children Dalia is a natural source of B vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein and is much healthier than packaged foods as it has no preservatives. You can also make interesting dishes with it and hence it is an ideal food for growing children.
- Easy to cook One reason why dalia should be a part of your daily diet is that, it can be cooked easily and can be made into a number of recipes. You just need to boil it and add milk, veggies, or tempering of your choice and enjoy.
- Easy to digest Dalia can be digested easily and hence is given as a primary diet to patients who are recovering from prolonged illnesses and older people who suffer from digestion issues. But you must always exercise portion control while having dalia. Boil three teaspoons in two cups of water and then cook it the way you like.
HOW TO STORE:
It is advised to consume within 30 days of milling, or else its nutritional value depletes. So, buy in small quantities and finish it in time. Store in refrigerator for longer shelf life.